søndag den 15. april 2012

Fingerboarding, is it "gay"?

What is a "fingerboard"?

A fingerboard is a working replica of a skateboard that a person "rides" by replicating skateboarding maneuvers with their hand. It can also be referred to as a finger skate board or even a Tech Deck. The device itself is a scaled-down skateboard complete with moving wheels, graphics and trucks.

Why would that be "gay"?

Well, it's comments like this:
 this:
 and this:
that makes me think the general opinion on fingerboarding is considered "gay".

Can i see it in action?

Ofcourse you can! Here is a fingerboarding video in action.

That does look kind of "gay"..

While I do agree that fingerboarding is kind of a childish thing, I do have to say that it can actually be quite fun.
For me personally it's just something to do at my desk, when I'm waiting for something, or I can't go out and skate. Oh, are you loading a game of LoL? Do a few tricks on the tech deck! Oh, waiting for someone to message back on facebook? Do a few tricks on the tech deck!

Hm, I see. Maby not that gay after all. 

I know right?
Ever find yourself drumming your fingers on the table for a few seconds while something loads, or when waiting for your crush to answear you back on facebook? Well it's pretty much what I do, except I do a few tricks on the tech deck instead of drumming. 

I guess that does sound kind of neat. Where could I get one of theese "Tech decks"?

Here is a few links:
Please keep in mind that I have not bought anything from theese sites, except Amazon, but they do look pretty safe though.


I would ofcourse much rather go out and skate for real, but when I can't do that, I don't see what would be wrong with using a tech deck. Don't be so quick to judge other people's hobbies, go find something that you like to do instead.
peace <3

-Rauwz <3




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar